Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for checking out the blog. On the right you will see each post. You can start wherever you like, but the main explanation of IVF starts in the beginning of the posts.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Scary Halloween

Let me start this by saying that everything is OK! Yesterday, at 14 weeks, we had our next doctor's appointment and it went very well. I have only gained 0.2 pounds, which was very exciting to me, but my blood pressure was a little high - especially because its usually very low. All my blood work came back normal and we heard the heartbeat again. The doctor was very happy with everything.

After we left, I asked my mom if I could borrow her blood pressure cuff just to keep an eye on things. I took it last night and this morning with very high results. This morning it was extremely high so I called the emergency line at my OBGYN. The doctor was concerned as well and told me to leave work, go home, and wait until the office opened so I could make an appointment. She said its too early to be pregnancy related, but I absolutely needed it checked. I definitely freaked out! I just got home, and my pressure at the doctor was the same as it was yesterday, a little high, but not nearly what the cuff said this morning. The doctor isn't sure if the cuff is working properly, so I'm not using it anymore :) I am going back next week for another check, but the doctor said if it stays where it is, they won't be concerned. If it goes up, there are other options we will look into.

So for now, I'm enjoying this sick day on my couch and relaxing! We have our 3D gender ultrasound in just 2 weeks and our regular one with my OB 2 weeks after that.

We have already been getting some wonderful baby gifts and are so grateful to everyone who has supported us and is thinking about us and baby Kays!

No comments:

Post a Comment