Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for checking out the blog. On the right you will see each post. You can start wherever you like, but the main explanation of IVF starts in the beginning of the posts.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I've never been so excited to use needles Post 11

This  morning was my second ultrasound and we got good news! The doctor literally said that my uterus and ovaries looked perfect and he couldn't ask for anything more! Yay! So what does that mean? Well, I am off birth control now. Friday I will be able to start injections. I have the treatment plan for the first four days. Then next Tuesday I go back for another ultrasound. Based on how my eggs are developing they will give me a treatment plan for the next few days. If everything goes as planned, I should be doing egg retrieval the following Tuesday (the 19th). That means beginning of August we should know if we're pregnant!

I am so excited that we finally get to start the injections. While I am definitely not excited about sticking a needle in myself on a daily basis, I am excited that the show is finally getting on the road! With injections though, there could be some serious side effects. Some women experience OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome). This means I could look pregnant, and feel really nauseous. It doesn't happen to all women, just some. It will definitely be an interesting experience to see how the medications affect my body. 

Feel free to comment and ask any questions you might have! I'll do my best to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment