Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for checking out the blog. On the right you will see each post. You can start wherever you like, but the main explanation of IVF starts in the beginning of the posts.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nontuplets!!!

Amazing news today! As you know, yesterday 10 eggs were retrieved from my ovaries. Typically, half of the eggs fertilize putting us in the 4-5 range. Today my doctor called to say that 9 eggs fertilized! It's truly amazing and we feel very blessed. 

The next step is transfer. Because we have quite a few fertilized eggs, there's a chance my doctor will wait until Sunday to transfer. The longer you wait, the better chance for implantation but there is also a chance of losing embryos along the way, which is why you have to have a lot in order to wait. I have a tentative appointment on Friday at 10:30 for transfer and the doc will call by 8:30 am to let me know whether I come in or wait till Sunday! 

The prayers are working, keep them coming!! 


2 comments:

  1. I am so pissed that you didn't give me cred for coming up with nontuplets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... I googled what nine babies is called, so I credit you with inspiration and google with confirmation!

    ReplyDelete