Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for checking out the blog. On the right you will see each post. You can start wherever you like, but the main explanation of IVF starts in the beginning of the posts.

Friday, July 22, 2011

I've never been so willing to get up early on Sunday!

This morning I got a call from the doctor that our transfer was going to be cancelled for today and postponed until Sunday. While I am anxious to get it over with, this is actually great news. As the doctor said, it really is ideal to wait until the embryos are in the blastocyst stage because they have a much better chance of implantation and pregnancy rates are much higher with frozen embryos at this stage than earlier.

So this is really encouraging news. I'm not sure how many embryos we still have, I just know that my doctor wouldn't have us wait unless it was the right thing to do! On Sunday we will put 2 embryos in and then freeze the remaining embryos. We will know exactly how many we have frozen on Sunday.

It really seems that everything that could go awesomely, has. This is super exciting for me, and of course makes Chris even more worried. Opposites attract you know!

Sunday morning Chris and I will head to the doctor's office. We cannot wear anything with fragrance including lotion, cologne, perfume, aftershave, hairspray etc. So we will be au naturale and the embryos will be put into my uterus using a catheter similar to the one used in IUI. We will be in a clean room for the procedure. After the embryos are injected, fluid will be run through the catheter and that fluid will be examined under a microscope to make sure both embryos left the tube and are in my uterus.

And then... we wait! For two long weeks! I truly thought I would feel a lot more anxious about that wait than I currently do. I think that after waiting for a year to even get pregnant, and starting IVF back in early June, two weeks really doesn't seem like that much time. I'm looking forward to August 6th when we will get the most exciting news of our lives!

The following is a picture of an embryo at the blastocyst stage:

No comments:

Post a Comment