Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for checking out the blog. On the right you will see each post. You can start wherever you like, but the main explanation of IVF starts in the beginning of the posts.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Post 7

Okay, quick update. I received my first set of medications today in the mail. I am now just waiting for the meds from Europe. My ultrasound is next Tuesday and then I'll know when I'm going to start injections and a probable date for egg retrieval.

In other more important news, Chris' parents have offered to help us pay for the IVF. We couldn't feel more blessed or lucky to have their help. We know that you all have helped us in your own way--with love, support, and encouraging words. We cannot thank you enough.

I just talked to my brother on the phone. He made fun of me for writing this blog (told you I would call you out Boo!). I think it does help me deal with things because I have an outlet. Sometimes just knowing that I could write down my feelings helps me deal with things.

Getting the meds today was scary. It makes it so much more real. I am nervous about mixing the drugs and injecting and all that, but I would put my body through anything if it meant we had a baby in the end. My biggest fear is that we will go through all this and still not end up with a baby. I try not to think of that because I know our chances are so good, but its one of those dark thoughts that is always in the back of your mind no matter how positive you try to be.

Chris and I celebrated our one year anniversary this weekend with a staycation downtown. It was so fun and I think we really needed it. We only talked about the IVF situation once... we definitely needed a break from thinking about it. When we did talk about it, we just said how glad we both were that this has brought us closer together and not driven us apart. Although it seems like we're unlucky sometimes, we really are lucky in so many ways.

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! I am the first one to follow your blog! I can't wait to hear what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are smart for starting the blog! I think it is important for you to be able to get all of your feelings out! I also think it is nice for friends and family to know what is going on so you don't have to repeat yourself constantly. You are in our prayers all the time and it will be worth it in the end. Remember sometimes perfection takes awhile! Love you so much! Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meghan and Tessa! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete