Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for checking out the blog. On the right you will see each post. You can start wherever you like, but the main explanation of IVF starts in the beginning of the posts.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just the facts-- Post 4

Quick facts about our in-vitro cycle.

Cost: with meds, about $12,000.

Cost with frozen embryos if first attempt doesn't work: $3500.

Cost to keep embryos frozen for one year: $400

Success rate: fresh embryos--60%. My doctor says that due to my age I am an ideal candidate for IVF and he is very confident. Frozen embryos--40%. I told Chris that those stats equal 100% so we're good...he's not sure that's exactly how stats work ;-) 

Probability of twins: approx 30%. My personal probability might be a little higher since my uterus doesn't seem to have any problems with implantation or carrying a baby. To be honest, after all this, I think we are hoping for twins so we never have to go through anything like this again!

Chris and I have applied for a grant to get up to $10,000 towards IVF but have not yet heard if we won it. We should be hearing any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment