Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for checking out the blog. On the right you will see each post. You can start wherever you like, but the main explanation of IVF starts in the beginning of the posts.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Round 4

Happy Friday everyone! On Tuesday we found out that our third attempt was unsuccessful. I honestly didn't even cry this time. I think that pregnancy seems so impossible to me that I honestly don't even expect it to work anymore. I know that might sound like a terrible thing to say, and obviously we haven't completely given up hope because we are trying one last time. It's just that it's easier when you don't let your heart believe that it can really work.

My doctor says it takes 3-4 times, so we are trying one more time. However, we do have an appointment to talk to him next week about what to do if the 4th time is unsuccessful as well. We think he will still leave IVF on the table as an option and then there is also adoption. We really aren't sure what direction we will go in. Both are expensive and uncertain and scary. We are trying to gather as much information about all our options right now so that we can make the best decision possible for our family.

Thank you to all of you who have supported us and reached out. I posted on FB, but will reiterate that we are looking for any info on adoption that you might offer. I talked to a friend today and learned so much just from a 20 minute conversation!

Please keep my whole family in your prayers - it's amazing how infertility touches everyone. Our parents are sad that they haven't had the chance for grandchildren yet - and are obviously sad that we are hurting. My brother won't get the chance to be an uncle - at the end of the day, we have to just keep telling ourselves that we will have a child someday, although the journey to that child might be uncertain right now.

We will keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Hey it's Genevieve! Sam and I are certainly keeping you both in our prayers. I hope the next round goes better but you all will be blessed with a child in time however that happens. Do you know if it would help to have a surrogate or something like that? I am not really sure how these things work. We also are looking into adoption for the future and I will share whatever I come across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie! I'm so sorry these attempts with the donor haven't worked. How much donor sperm do you have left to try? I really want to talk to you soon. Ryan and I are coming home for a whirlwind 48 hour weekend here soon. My parents are going to do another open-house style gathering like the one last February. I'll text soon with the deets. I've been getting fertility help from the folks at Gianna Center: http://www.saintpetershcs.com/GiannaCenter/FertilityCare™-System/

    it's not for everyone, but I have high hopes for us.

    Keeping you in all my thoughts!

    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete